USRobotics 5686G Data/Fax Modem - Serial - 56 kbit/s
The USRobotics 56K Serial Controller Faxmodem combines the superior performance and reliability of a controller-based modem with the convenience of V.92 and V.22 technologies - with up to 75% less energy use. V.22 Fast Connect, which reduces the connection sequence time for very small data transfers, and secure connectivity make this modem ideal for Point of Sale (POS) systems. The modem also enables secure Machine to Machine (M2M) applications or Remote Server Management applications for Out-of-Band remote diagnostics, troubleshooting, maintenance and back-ups of servers.
- External DIP switches allows manual configuration of specific critical settings
- Extra LEDs for better monitoring of serial signals
- Precise manual volume control
- Permanently store preferred modem default settings
- Fast Connect (V.22) allows 1200 bps connections without error control in less than 1 second§, making this modem ideal for POS and ATM transactions that require lightning fast connections.
- Send and receive secure data and faxes through your computer while running other applications.
- Fax features include delayed broadcast and group faxing.
- This modem finds the most efficient path for each connection, assuring the best possible speeds, resulting in faster downloads and fewer dropped calls.
- This updated modem uses 50% less energy when in use and 75% less energy when idle mode, which makes it more environmentally friendly and will contribute to reducing electricity costs.